Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nugget Ice

The first thought that came to mind when I saw this sign was "WTF?". When I think of "nugget" in relationship with a fast-food chain, I think "chicken" and "Mc". So my imagination ran wild with ideas of some twisted new slushy drink that tasted of chicken nuggets. I mean hell....Jones does turkey and gravy flavored and Christmas Ham flavored soda for the holidays. Could "chicken nugget" slushies be a new summer trend in frozen treats?

Alas, no (and thank God!). "Nugget ice" refers to dense, chewable ice cubes designed to last longer than conventional ice, thereby keeping your drink cold longer and making the ice easier to crunch. This is the kind of ice you get in hospitals (because it is so easy to chew) and has been made popular by places like Sonic. And, as it turns out, the machines that produce nugget ice are more energy and water efficient.

Well isn't that spiffy!

1 comments:

Willowkist said...

When I saw that sign, I thought the exact same thing! What a close psychic bond we have!