Friday, July 3, 2009

Grace In Small Things - Part 11

A few things from today....

1. Sleeping in until noon. Pure. Bliss.

2. Making chili from scratch, and with dried beans. This is the first time I have ever used dried beans. The extra effort was worth it...it really did taste a whole lot better. Can't wait to enjoy the leftovers tomorrow!

3. Going out to run my errands in the downpour this afternoon wearing flip flops and a tank top and getting completely soaked. And totally loving it.

4. Trying a new cake recipe for the first time and having it go wrong. Upon discovering my disappointment, husband researches and finds the answer to the problem (high altitude!). We ate the cake and enjoyed it anyway.

5. Having an opportunity to use crayons, glue and glitter!


3 comments:

Angie B. said...

May I try some of your cake soon? oh and I love coloring!

Kate Rosenberg said...

I love this list! Pray tell, what did you do w/ the crayons and glitter?

Niki said...

Angie: I will make this cake again, this time adjusting for high altitude. You will be the first person I call when this cake is complete!

Kate: We made a birthday card for our brother. He requested home made, so we went old-school 1st grade style! I'll have to post some pics, it turned out way fun.