
I have much to be thankful for this year.
A loving husband who accepts me for who I am and forgives my many foibles,
A safe and cozy home,
Supportive friends and family,
Comedy Night Done Right on NBC Thursdays.
But what I am most thankful for this year is the good Karma that we have been blessed with.
This past year slammed us with some pretty tough news and a lot of challenges to over come. Being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, I thought, was going to be the hardest ordeal we would ever deal with. And it was. But it has also become a great gift, one that has so far given much more back to me than it has taken.
I have always been a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and that difficult experiences are merely opportunities for us to learn and grow. This was very easy to forget, however, when facing a debilitating disease. Yet this experience has given me strength I never knew I possessed, and brought me to a level of peace and contentment I didn't think I would ever reach. Life is viewed with a whole new perspective. And you know what? Life is good.
I have found myself renewed, and with a real need to do some good. I have been given so much, and it's time for me to "pay it forward". I have finally been able to put my worries on the back burner and start living again. I have put myself in the hands of Fate.
And guess what? Someone was paying attention. Someone is always paying attention.
Karma. It's a good thing.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Giving Thanks
Posted by Niki at 7:41 PM
Labels: karma, multiple sclerosis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment