Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Day is in our grasp, as long as we have hands to clasp.

See this guy?

I love him.

He makes me smile every single day.

We spent some time today taking pictures of our family out in the snow. I was rather disappointed by the performance of my remote shutter, as I couldn't get more than a foot and a half away before I was out of range. Still, we got some pretty fun shots and it was an enjoyable afternoon all around.

Though Christmas is just over a week away, I have found myself still struggling to find the Christmas spirit. There was a time when it was all so magical, I could feel it in my tummy. These days, with all the commercialization, obligations and the hectic rush to get to everyone and to get everything done, the holidays feel like one big hassle. Working in a retail store certainly doesn't help anyone find any magic, holiday or otherwise. So we spend this time of year "just trying to get through it", which is really quite sad.

Still...it's days like today when I can be surrounded by those I love most, out in God's beautiful winter wonderland, that I feel some sense of heart and spirit. Simple acts...tossing snowballs, laughing, and capturing moments...that is what Christmas is about. Simplicity and love. And taking joy in it.

Although we have a busy busy week ahead of us, it will be spent getting in touch with the people we love, our friends and family, for an opportunity to experience some real Christmas spirit. And also, maybe some pie.

There may be hope yet for some magic.

1 comments:

Willowkist said...

Super Sweet! I love the photos!