I don't watch much television. I neither have the time nor the interest in most of what passes for entertainment on television these days. However, my love for a good story and bizarre characters has me tuning into ABC every Wednesday night for Pushing Daisies.
Pushing Daisies has everything...fantastically quirky characters, unique plot lines, wit, romance, resurrection (from the dead!) and lots of pie. Plus there is a murder to be solved in every episode. And, as if it couldn't get any better, the entire story is narrated by the brilliant Jim Dale *swoon*.
The characters are what really attract me to this fairy tale. Aside from Ned the pie maker who can bring people back from the dead and his dead, but now alive, girlfriend Chuck, there is Olive Snook. I mean, the name right there just makes me squeal with joy. Olive is Ned's neighbor and also bakes with him at The Pie Hole. She is in love with Ned, but does not know his secret.
Then there are Chuck's two aunts, Lily and Vivian Charles, who are former synchronized swimmers with an affinity for fine cheeses. Lily wears an eye patch, after getting dirty cat liter in her eye caused her to lose the eye. She has a different patch to coordinate with every outfit. They do not know that Chuck is alive.
I wouldn't normally blog about TV, but as you may have guessed I really love this show! It's all enormous fun and always brings me a smile. And it's finally something different! It's not often I find something that feeds my infatuation for all things bizarre and unusual. This story, however, certainly does.
Friday, December 28, 2007
What You Should Be Doing On Wednesday Nights, 8/7 Central
Posted by Niki at 9:21 PM
Labels: magic pie makers, television
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment