Monday, January 7, 2008

Rabbit in a Sombrero and A Leprechaun Napping

This was found tucked inside an extremely old and well-loved copy of The Hobbit. How it got in there, I do not know. I haven't read The Hobbit in years. It's written on a piece of paper from the Circus Circus hotel in Las Vegas. The writing, which is written in a combination of my writing and my best friend Willow's writing, reads as follows:

a ducky or three

Rabbit in a sombrero

Leprechaun napping

Dream & Sister

a flying *something illegible*

bear elephant

pig, no aardvark

puppy bone

Winged shoe

lions face

turtles, bees

in the peaks of snowy mountains, tops of grassy rolling hills


I'm guessing this was written either in the Circus Circus hotel, or on the way back from Vegas. The last time Willow and I was in Vegas was 2003 for the Lottapianos Tour featuring Ben Folds and Tori Amos at the Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel. We had managed to sweet talk our way to some front row seats courtesy of Tori's personal security, and we hit a parked car. Don't worry, though...the hotel security cameras didn't see us fleeing the scene. It was a fabulous trip!

I have no idea, however, what this piece of paper means (or meant to us at the time). Still, you can't deny it's a riveting read. And it sure made me smile!

3 comments:

Willowkist said...

Did we stay at Circus Circus? I think I remember the Luxor. THat' makes this even more odd and bizarre. Though maybe we were workign up ideas for stories or poems or thing we think Tori should say for no reason. That's so cool.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* I swear everytime I read something about you or we talk....I find out we more and more about how we were separated at birth. Twice today it has happened. First Jim Gaffigan and now Ben Folds.

Hugs,
Ang

Anonymous said...

If I had to guess I'd say you must have been under the influence...but maybe it was just the influence of a really cool trip to Vegas.