Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Same Great Taste, Now Wisdom Teeth Free!

After five years of procrastination, avoidance and several canceled appointments, I finally had my wisdom teeth out. It wasn't nearly as awful as I anticipated, as is typical with things I anticipate to be horrific. Okay, maybe horrific is strong, but there was a whole list of things I'd rather do than have my teeth torn from my skull. Still, it needed to be done and after much persistence from my husband, dentist and dental hygienist (often all three at the same time), I bit the proverbial bullet.


Despite all my fears, it went well. I had a small omg panic moment in the chair, but then the drugs came and the next thing I remember is grabbing onto some strange mans arms while being hoisted into a wheel chair. Before I knew it, I was home. The pain is much less than I anticipated, as is the swelling. I declined narcotic pain medication in lieu of some 800mg ibuprofen, which seems to be sufficient (thus answering my question from yesterday: a bikini wax by a newly graduated beauty student is more painful than having wisdom teeth pulled. Granted, had I not been numbed and heavily sedated, I'm sure the extraction would have hurt more. But I hardly think that's the point.).

Really, the worst part about this whole thing is that I'm hungry. I'm really hungry! I want some real damn food; a chicken sandwich or a curry or something. Instead, this is what I had for dinner:


An order of mashed potatoes (sans gravy) from KFC and a jar of pureed baby fruit. Not satisfying. I must say, however, that the baby fruit is actually rather tasty, just not filling. I've snacked on vanilla pudding, ice cream and apple sauce, but I'm still freakin' hungry. Hmph.

At any rate, I'm just glad it's over and done with. I really appreciate all the kind wishes and cards and phone calls from everyone who's been checking in on me. I really do have the best family and friends; you make such a difference! Eat a sandwich for me, k!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will have a tasty chicken sandwich for you! :D

A curry does sound very good though..

Rondell said...

Ooh girl you just reminded me that I need to go get some of them mashed potatoes and gravy at KFC for Thanksgiving! You got to go early or else they sell out by the holiday.