Friday, March 7, 2008

What's Wrong With Vanilla?

I know several men who dislike scented candles. My husband is probably one of them but, bless his heart, he never says anything. Even when the incense comes out. Seriously, though...who doesn't like vanilla or jasmine?

Apparently, a bunch of men.

And as such, someone decided to corner the market on solving male olfactory offenses. So here ya go guys. Candle scents made just for you!

These scents are ridiculous. Really. Bacon cheeseburger? Who wants that scent wafting through their home? Dirt? Come on. And Ballpark? Have you been to the ballpark lately? It smells like ketchup and body odor. Charming.

I must admit, however, that there are a few scents that peak my curiosity. Like the "4th of July", for example. " The combination of gunpowder and sulfur gives this man candle the distinctive fireworks smell...". I dunno, that could be awesome. I like fireworks.

Or how about "Sawdust"? "...for the rugged handyman that just can't get enough of that workshop scent. Any woodworker, lumberjack or craftsman will recognize this familiar scent of freshly cut wood." Personally, I quite enjoy the smell of lumber, though admittedly, I've only ever enjoyed it while camping or at the Home Depot.

The one 'Mantern' that I believe can please all and, perhaps, bring peace to this olfactory battle of the sexes is the "Cinnamon Bun". Let's get real, people. Who doesn't like cinnamon buns?

So perhaps there is something to these 'Manterns'. Although, it would probably cost you less (Manterns run between $12 and $20, plus $9 shipping) to tell your wife how beautiful she looks and plant your best, most romantic kiss. Then explain how you would love nothing more than to share some of her delicious cinnamon buns together. Perhaps she'll just bake you some. :)

As a side note, this strategy may not work as effectively in obtaining, say, some freshly cut lumber or fireworks. Though it may get you beer and/or hot wings.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

where are my hot wings and beer?

Now I want some.