Today was a girls day of lunch and shopping in downtown St. Albans. Marie took Amy and I on a tour of the best shops where we found some great clothes, scarves and kitchen items to bring home!
We also enjoyed an in-depth and very illuminating conversation over lunch in which Marie filled us in on a bit more family history, particularly with the women. This was kind of the missing piece to the puzzle that we've been looking for and it answers a lot of questions about our recent family history. Though I've only just met Marie, I've formed a real connection to her over the last few days. We share so much in common and she is a very open-minded woman. I'm gonna miss having her around.
Dan, Mike and Nick also enjoyed a boys afternoon of lunch and who knows what. Whatever boys like to do. According to Nick, though, they had a very nice time.
Later that afternoon I took a small jaunt around town where I explored the very old St. Albans cemetery. I am completely fascinated by old cemeteries...I could have walked around that place for hours.We spent our last night in Vermont hanging out with our cousins Mike, Brian and his wife Kristin, enjoying wine and music and good conversation. We all had a good laugh over the fact that none of us expected each other to be so close in age. From the way Dan and Violet talked, we expected them to be young children and they expected us to be in our sixties. We've all had enormous fun getting to know each other and I'm just so sorry we don't have more time to goof off together. We'll definitely be keeping in touch and tonight was a really great way to spend our last night here in Vermont.

And we were finally able to enjoy a beautiful Vermont sunset.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Vermont - Day Four
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
ooh that cemetery looks like a great place for interesting pictures
Post a Comment