Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Grace In Small Things - Part 3

I'm feeling really blah these days. Just blah. And I'm not the only one. I think it's the whole January transitioning back to reality, dismal weather thing. It seems everyone is in the same gloomy boat. And if I had my way, we'd sail this melancholy ship out to the Caribbean somewhere and get drunk and play casino games and lounge on the deck.

If only that were possible.

But, I'm not going to let stupid January completely cloud me over. So in keeping with my objective (and because there is nothing else interesting to write about), here are five things that graced me today:

1. Wearing my new pink zip up hoodie (with sparkle embellishments).

2. My husband giving me a second, lingering glance as I left for work this morning (yes, I saw that!) and then, when I got home, remembering to tell me he thought I looked cute.

3. Sitting in my car during lunch and taking off my shoes. Bliss! I hate shoes.

4. Hearing a co-worker tell me that her husband thought I was "looking good" at the Christmas party and wondered what I had been doing to lose weight. God bless the man.

5. Hearing the new Morrissey single on the radio.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah January is the worst month for me. It is the longest, gloomiest, snowiest coldest month ever. I am tired of it already. Maybe we just need a girly pj slipper movie night.