Tomorrow morning at 6am Nick will undergo knee replacement surgery. It's hard for me to describe exactly what I'm feeling at this moment. It's a jumble of gladness, fear and apprehension which, when combined together, makes for an overall feeling of confused uneasiness. Ugh.
Everyone has been asking us what they can do/what we need. I sincerely thank all of you (you know who you are) for your prayers and wishes and food and love. We're so grateful to have such amazing friends and family; as always you are rising gloriously to the occasion and we thank you.
Nick will be in very good hands and I am trying keep that in the forefront of my mind (if 79 year-old Angela Lansbury can get through this, so can we, right?). Truth be told, I'm terrified. Of what exactly, I'm not sure. His doctors are not worried, which fills me with confidence and we believe that the long term outcome will be positive. I just know that I won't be able to breathe until he is out of surgery and awake.
Keep those good thoughts comin'!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
If Angela Lansbury Can Do It...
Posted by Niki at 5:34 PM
Labels: Angela Lansbury, husband, knee surgery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Good thoughts coming your way! I'd love to help you guys out if you need anything. I am not too far down the road and can stop by - give me a call.
Post a Comment