The holidays have once again sneaked up on me. It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving yet, and all the Christmas decorations and music in the shops seem oddly out of place. Perhaps it's the absence of snow. But, here we are. And I have much to be thankful for this year.
Nick came through his surgery alive and well. We still have a long road ahead, but he is still with us and I am most thankful for this.
In these rough economic times, I still have a job. Though some days I want to set the building on fire (I asked for no salt on my margarita!), I am still gainfully employed and have the privilege to work with some pretty awesome people.
I have a warm bed to sleep in, with three warm kitties, food to eat and clothes to wear.
Gas under two bucks a gallon.
I am surrounded by loving friends and family.
I have a new nephew!
Barack Obama is our new president-elect. Fo' shizzle!
And, lastly.....this place. Do yourself a favor and just go.
So....what are you thankful for?
I wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving day, filled with family and friends, good food and conversations and too much pie.
Love,
~Niki
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thankful Thoughts
Posted by Niki at 10:55 PM
Labels: family, friends, holidays, things I am grateful for
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Niki
I am most thankful for you.
You have pulled me through THE hardest time in my life.
I love your guts.
Mandy
Post a Comment